Monday 26 September 2011

Where did the year go?

hello there.
 
you may recall that we were planning rides for all the family through this summer.
 
We started well with the family treasure hunt - despite it being mothers day and then raining on us.
 
But May was too wet - although one family braved it but could not find a cafe.
 
June was the cycleway rides - 25 miles - did anyone do that one?  it was even wetter than May, I think.
 
July and August I had somewhat given up, although we went to New Forest rides, which was great fun.  There are competitions for small people,and a time trial, lots of varied rides each day.  The new site they are using, now the second year, has its own outdoor-but-heated swimming pool - which was also great!
 
Then September - which has nearly gone - we planned a new Audax,  short ride of 50km, two weeks ago.  (short compared to the 100 and 200 km's!!).  I did ride that, and we had a very nice day (despite the forecast), and a very nice route (if I say so myself, having planned it last year!).
 
So that only leaves one more ride for the year - another Audax on the 22nd October.  Meeting over at Bala it is a 60km ride, for which the plan was to build up towards over the summer - but that has not happened!  However, you are still more than welcome to join us - let me know if you want to come and I will send you more information.  If the weather holds it will be beautiful!
 
I think there is a real wish for family rides in Chester, but I am afraid that although I have the enthusiasm, I do not have the time, and I have missed the chance with my two who are now teenagers and cannot get back out on a bike!  one day.
 
Happy to support and advise anyone who can and wants to take this initiative on; but I will not be planning any dates or rides for next year.  It is a shame, as i believe children riding together maintain and sustain their riding for longer.
 
Hope to see you in Bala, or somewhere soon!
 
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment