Sunday 3 April 2011

First ride and Treasure Hunt


First family set off
 We have officially started now, with a quite successful treasure hunt.  Successful in that people turned up, despite April showers and Mothers day (and birthday parties), and everyone completed the clues and route and although everyone got lost (thanks to my left and right confusions) - all was well in the end!

Five families braved the changeable weather, and once clue and direction sheets were given out, everyone set off.  15 minutes later my family arrived - so we could follow on behind.  I can't comment on the route - I planned it!   suffice to say I think people enjyed the afternoon.

We all met up at the Hungry Horse pub The Rake at Little Stanney, and were the only ones still sat outside when it rained!  During a brief interlude, the hungry horse himself came out to wave his arms about and scare the children (!!! - no, no-one was scared), and pose for a photo - have you seen us in the paper?


With the horse no one lost to bad directions!
 
I rode with a few families, before shooting ahead so I could get back to the car and base to get the cerificates ready.

I believe everyone enjoyed the day despite final rain shower - at least no-one else got HAILED on like me!!!







































No comments:

Post a Comment